Farm Vacations in the Loft
Nothing compares to a stay at a working farm to refresh your spirit and clear your mind.
Enjoy the stunning views and cozy atmosphere during your vacation at the farm.
Our 1-bedroom, 1-bath loft apartment is fully furnished with everything you need for a relaxing stay – pots, pans and cooking equipment, bedding, towels, wifi and plenty of games, and books to keep guests of all ages occupied.
1 Queen Bed
1 Full Pull-out Sofa Bed
Walk in shower
Getting involved during your stay:
The best part of staying here is a chance to be part of farm life. Each season brings its own pleasures: the snow and cold of winter with opportunities to snowshoe, hike, and explore; blooming lilacs and forsythia in spring and the birth of our baby lambs and kids (baby goats); fresh tomatoes, lettuce, beans and squash in summer; and magnificent forests of red and golden trees in autumn.
We welcome you to join us as we do our daily chores, give grain and hay to animals, milk goats, clean the barn, plant and pick freely in the garden and vegetable hoop house, gather eggs from the chickens for breakfast and cut and stack wood. Stroll the 80-acre property and learn about our wind turbine, solar panels and solar hot water system.
You can purchase any of our farm products and cook a farm to table dinner in the farm guesthouse.
Many additional add-on learning opportunities are available to schedule at your convenience for an additional fee; cheese making, wool spinning or dyeing classes, cooking classes and more.
Let us know your interests and we will help create a perfect Farm Vacation itinerary for you.
A two night weekend rental for two people is $385.00, and includes a 5% county tax and a $2.00 contribution to the Green Lodging Partnership Program which protects our region's lands, waters and abundant outdoor recreational opportunities.
The apartment would also be suitable for two guests with one small child
Walk up, one flight of stairs
Longer rentals are welcome – as are dogs!
Mid week stays are at a reduced rate.
Please call or email for more information (845) 482-4764,
Interested in making a reservation?
Nearby Places of Interest
Whether you are interested in hiking, music, arts, antiquing or otherwise, there is much to do in this part of the Catskills.
- 10 minutes from Bethel Woods, the original site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival which offers many concerts throughout the summer
- Chamber music Festival in July:www.wcmconcerts.org.
- Shandalee Music Festival
-SWIMMING - Crystal Lake is about 10 miles away on New York State land. An afternoon at the lake is a glimpse into a part of New York State virtually untouched by development. There are no services offered there. It is perfect for a leisurely hike and refreshing swim.
- HIKING – we have maps here with tons of trails throughout Catskill State Park. You can also check out the Sullivan County website TrailKeeper for info
EVENT LISTING SITES
- The Sullivan County Visitors' Association has many event listings for folk and bluegrass concerts, visual and performing arts events, church and firehouse barbecues and pancake breakfasts throughout the year.
- Pure Catskills, a Catskill-area regional network of farmers, markets, and restaurants promoting wholesome local food, has a schedule of local events
FOOD AND DRINK
Lots of great options in the area – tell us what you are looking for and we will point you in the right direction.